Sports Massage alleviates the stress and tension which builds up in the body’s soft tissues during physical activity. It is used before and after athletic events to prepare the athlete for peak performance by reducing swelling, muscle tension and fatigue, preventing injuries and promoting flexibility.
Remedial/ Deep Tissue Massage
Remedial/ Deep Tissue Massage can be utilised for the whole body or for a specific injury or problem (e.g., sprains, overuse injury, posture related conditions).
The objective is to reduce adhesions, scar tissue and return to full range of movement.
You may experience some discomfort during a remedial/ deep tissue massage due to the damage of your tissues and the correction of adhesions and removal of lymphatic wastes in muscles.
Relief will be felt after the first treatment, extra treatments may be required to complete the healing process depending on the damage.
Benefits of remedial/ deep tissue massage will be experienced in many ways- pain relief, increased flexibility and mobility, reduced stress, and an increase in general wellbeing due to the increased performance of your body and the absence of pain.
Relaxation Massage/ Benefits:
- prevents and relieves muscle spasms and tightness
- calms nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and wellbeing
- improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells
- stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products
- helps with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, and muscle spasm.